Step 1: Create A New Job
Gather the information you have for a Job you are ready to schedule. Before you begin, be clear on how you are going to name Jobs and Accounts. It doesn't matter what approach you take for naming Jobs and Accounts, but do it the same way every time and make sure everyone in your company does it the same way.
Every Job must be assigned to an Account. Accounts can be builders, dealers or individual homeowners, whatever makes sense for the way you do business. If you work with builders or dealers, it makes sense to create Accounts for those builders or dealers and assign individual Jobs to them.
Homeowners or other standalone Jobs require a decision: you can create an Account for every standalone Job, or you can assign them all to one Account you create called "Retail".
We recommend creating an individual Account for every standalone Job. It requires one more short step while you're creating the Job, but it will make reporting, managing contacts and creating mailing lists easier.
- Click on Jobs from the left side navigation. Click +Create button.
- Enter the name of the Job.
- As a new user, you will need to create your Accounts. Once they are entered they can be used for any future Job.
Click on the Edit "..." button to the left of the Account field.
- To create a new Account click the +Create icon.
- As you add Accounts, they will be listed in this dialog box. Type in an Account Name then click Save.
- Next, the Job Detail page for your new Job will open. Starting with Job Info and working your way down, add as much detail as you can at this point – as long as the information is important to the way you do business. For example, if you don’t track Jobs by Salesperson, don’t bother adding information for that field. If you do, click Edit icon to the right of Job Info and add a Salesperson.
- Click the Edit icon in the Job Address field to enter the job site address.
You can also click the Edit icons across from Account Address and Account Contacts to save that information to the Account. The next time you assign a Job to that Account it will automatically populate the saved information.
If you are using a generic Account like "Homeowner" leave the Account Address blank.
- Repeat this process for a couple of other new Jobs to establish a feel for it, or proceed directly to Step 2.