Step 2: Schedule an Activity
Job Activities are the engine and transmission of Systemize. If you commit to entering and updating Activities, then Systemize will prove a powerful vehicle to drive your business operations.
Systemize comes with Template, Fabrication, Install and Invoice pre-loaded and added to new Jobs. Many of our customers schedule only these steps over the course of a Job, while other customers find it necessary to schedule additional steps. For example, some might choose to replace the single Fabrication step with multiple steps like Program, Saw, CNC, and Polish.
- We strongly recommend keeping things as simple as possible, especially as you’re getting started. You can always add more steps later.
- We also recognize, however, that you won’t commit to using Systemize unless it reflects the way you really do business.
- If you decide to customize the Job Activities right now, see the Related Articles section at the bottom of this guide - or contact us if you want help thinking it through. We're here to help you!
Most fabricators find using Auto-Schedule saves time and ensures Activities get tentatively scheduled. If you're already familiar with the Auto-Schedule feature and you want to change the rules or turn it off, see the Related Articles below.
Let’s schedule the Template Activity in a Job.
- Click on Jobs from the left side navigation then click on the name of the Job.
- In the Job Details window, click Template listed under Job Activities.
Enter the Date, Time, and Duration of the Template Activity.
Leave the Status marked as Tentative unless the date and time have been confirmed with the customer.
Note: If the expected duration of an activity is longer than a single workday, see Related Articles below. For now, enter a duration that is 8 hours or shorter.
- To assign the Template Activity to a specific person, click the drop-down list to select.
If you need to add a new name, or assign the Job to multiple people, click on the Double Check icon to open the Select Assignees box.
Add a new assignee by clicking on the Add (+) icon at the top.
- By default, we have Fabrication, Install and Invoice set to Auto-Schedule based on the day you schedule Template.
Notice that the Status of those Activities reads as Auto-Schedule, those dates are not firm. Those Activites will show in the Calendar View, allowing everyone to see what work is in the pipeline. Mark Activites as Confirmed once dates are set with a customer.