Edit Or Create User Roles In Systemize
Every Systemize user must have one and only one Role. The Administrator Role allows the User complete access, including creating/purchasing additional users, changing passwords and accessing your Moraware billing portal. The Admin Role can be assigned to more than one User but it's not a good idea to make everyone an Admin. If you want to give a User the ability to do just about everything, use a Role like "Full User Plus Settings."
Note: If you upgraded from JobTracker to Systemize, you won't see this Role built-in, but you can create new Roles. Recall that in JobTracker you could assign more than one Role to a User. In Systemize, each User can have only one Role.
Create custom Roles to limit the access for different people within your organization. This example creates a Role for a Salesperson who can create and edit Jobs and schedule Activities but cannot delete Jobs or edit Settings.
- Go to Settings > Users & Roles > Roles and click +Create.
- Enter a name for the Role. It's a good idea to enter a description so you remember what you were doing later!
- For each area, you can check the box for the level of permission you want to grant the Role. In this example, the Role was created to allow a User to create and edit Jobs, but the box giving permission to Delete jobs is NOT checked.
- If you don't want the Role to give the User permission to edit any settings, then leave all of the Administration boxes unchecked.
Note: if you want the user to be able to see the "Add additional item" option in a drop-down list on a form, you will need to check the box for Job Settings.
- Click Save.
- Edit a User and assign the new Role.