Auto-Schedule and Dependencies
- If the dependency is set to some number of days after another activity, it'll show up in the first available work hour.
- If it's set to some number of days before another activity, it'll be in the last available work hour.
- If it's set to start directly after another activity, it shows up immediately afterward.
If your Work Hours are set from 8:00 AM to
An Activity Auto-Scheduled for 1 day before with a duration of 30 minutes would be scheduled at 4:30 PM.
If the duration is blank, Auto-Schedule schedules it for 30 minutes.
- Go to Settings > Job > Activity Types.
- Click on the name of the Activity. Change the Status to Auto-Schedule.
- You can also set a Duration and Assigned To. Click Save.
- From the top of the page, click on the +Dependency button.
Select the Activity that you want to apply a Dependency to from the drop-down list.
You will be prompted to select criteria to use for the Dependency.
Deselect " Also apply reverse dependency" to prevent the dependency rule from working in both directions.
Select " Ignore for Auto-Schedule" to receive a warning when a dependency rule is violated but does not have a date automatically assigned.