Clean Up Inventory
This article supports Legacy Inventory, previously known as Systemize Inventory Edition, which is supported but no longer available for purchase.
Click here inventoryhelp.moraware.com to access the new Moraware Inventory Knowledge Base.
If you didn't have the process or personnel in place when you started using Inventory, there may be inaccuracies that need to be cleaned up. There is not a quick way to delete all your Inventory, the following three steps must be performed.
Complete all three steps. Leaving out the first two will cause the same problems in the future.
STEP 1: Clean up any old Purchase Orders.
Clean Up Old Purchase Orders
STEP 2: Create a Report to clean up incomplete Activities with Material
Inventory Report: Incomplete Activities With Allocated Material
STEP 3: Create a Serial Number Detail View to clean up old Inventory.
Use Serial Number View to Clean Up Inventory
SUGGESTED INVENTORY PROCESS
- Create Purchase Orders for all the Material you bring in.
- Allocate Material to Jobs before or as it is used.
- Complete Job Activities as they become complete.
- Track Remnants if necessary.
- Periodically verify that your physical Inventory matches what you think you have.